The Rose That Grew From Concrete

3:19:00 AM KB 1 Comments



Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack
in the concrete
Proving nature's law wrong it learned 2 walk
without having feet
Funny it seems but by keeping its dreams
it learned 2 breathe fresh air
Long live the rose that grew from concrete
when no one else ever cared!

- Tupac Shakur





*During my early teenage years, I was a hardcore poetry fan. I still adore poetry. In the beginning, I'd become attached to Langston Hughes, Maya Angelou, 2pac (the poet), etc... And I've grown to absolutely love 2pac's poetry. This man was a pure genius & a realist. And also the realest. And honestly, this is a power poem. A poem that has so much meaning behind it from Pac's mind. And it inspires all at the same time. OMG. If you've never read any of 2pac's poems, then maybe it's time to do some Google'ing. Seriously. I'm a hardcore 2pac fan on the music & the poetry side.*


"I'm not sayin I'm gonna rule the world, or I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world." ----Tupac Shakur

1 comment:

  1. I loved that book!
    Pac was definitly given less credit than he deserved for his writing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you.