Essence Music Festival '09

11:42:00 PM KB 0 Comments


Yes! I've been waiting awhile for the lineup to come out and it's finally here! The 2nd time headliner for Essence will be Beyonce. The other wonderful performers are Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke, Keri Hilson, Ryan Leslie, Jazmine Sullivan, En Vogue, Solange, John Legend, Melanie Fiona, Janelle Monae, Rebirth Brass Band, Salt N Pepa, The Knux, Anita Baker, Al Green AND a million more other artists over the course of 3 nights on the July 4 weekend in the N.O. Superdome.



I love the first nights for the Essence Fest. Guess that makes me an first nighter only person. IDK. lol. But the first nights are always the best & hypest of Essence. The people that I'm most excited about on this night are Keri Hilson, Beyonce, Ne-Yo, Solange, John Legend & Salt N Pepa. There will be 12 other acts (on the mainstage & in the superlounges) but those 7 specific people are my favs of the night. With Beyonce, Keri Hilson & Solange being the most fav favs.


Now, let's talk about Essence Fest '08.

Which I was in attendance, not too far from the stage that stood under MR. WEST. All I've got to say is MAN.!!! I've been to plenty of concerts in my 19 years of living but Essence '08 is down in my history book as THE BEST.


The headliners were KANYE WEST! OMG. I'ma get on what he did later. The others were Chris Brown, Rihanna, Mary J. Blige, Keyshia Cole, Musiq Soulchild, J. Holiday, LL Cool J, Jill Scott, Solange, Estelle, and a million more artists... Of course, I went the first night with Kanye West, Chris Brown, Rihanna & J. Holiday. The dopest! At the end, I wanted to literally cry walking out the SuperDome. Of course, the homies/cousins & I were smiling from ear to ear. Because that's how 4REAL this sh*t was. The sets were in the order of J. Holiday, Chris Brown, Rihanna & Kanye the Best! This is in the order from ok to the best. With 'Ye being the very supa dupa best in the world. I MEAN OUT THIS WORLD. Anyways, I think this entire concert had last from maybe about 7 pm to 3 am. No joke. Like 4real.


And Kanye...uh um...I'm sorry but I don't have the amount of energy to explain what went on during his 4 1/2-5 hour performance set. Kanye did like over 20 something songs. That's how serious it was. And, the many outfit changes were incredible. This was a version of the Glow In The Dark Tour revamped. If you went to the Glow Tour, you know what I'm talking about. Something serious. Yeah man!




Here is some of the action that went down at Essence '08.



























































photos courtesy of zimbio.com & celeb.wohoo.co.uk

0 comments:

Thank you.